Saturday, November 26, 2011

New Advent Sermon Series

I'm starting a new sermon series for Advent tomorrow at Redeemer called "The Questions of God." First one is on "Where are you?", dealing with our struggle to know God's reality, existence, presence.
Other three questions to come are:
2. Who are you? (Who is Jesus? 'Who do you say that I am?', Mk. 8).
3. Why is it so hard to follow you? ('Could you not watch with me one hour?', Mt. 26).
4. Why have you forsaken me? (Christ's cry and ours from Ps. 22/Mt. 26).
Each of these are questions we ask God and questions he (often Christ) asks us in return.
The mp3s are podcast at iTunes and will be posted also at the Redeemer website.

Because I usually have more material than I can ever use in my sermons, I hope to post additional thoughts, quotes, resources and references here during the week following each sermon. Redeemer folks are especially welcome to comment, ask questions, etc.

No comments: